Sunday, May 15, 2011

Things I Miss At Home - My Things

I am generally not a materialistic person. I don't buy lots of things or toys or electronics. That was part of what made leaving for Guatemala possible - I wasn't tied down by a whole lot. Occasionally, I've found myself thinking 'Man, things would be so much easier if I had this' or 'Wow, I never thought that would have come in handy.' But for the most part, Xela has everything that someone would need and I don't seem to be missing 'things' much. People, places, and experiences - yes, I miss them. But things, not so much.

Recently I've started feeling the creative bug that sweeps through me every once and a while. The need to express myself in some form, be it photography or guitar playing. While photography has helped fill this void, it can never take the place of music and guitar playing. With this being said, I present the 'thing' - aka materialistic item - that I miss the most:


This is my guitar. I am quite sad without her. I can't wait until the day that we are reunited. There is a decent acoustic down here that I get to use but it is really nothing compared to my baby at home.

Seriously though, I miss live music at home and real guitar playing - not this terrible salsa stuff, where every song sounds the same over and over again for 2 hours straight. Silly salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment