Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday From Real: The Beginning

So it's finally done. I finally got this blog together. Took me a while. Mostly because I was busy learning Spanish, studying for the GRE, and reading books/articles for my trips. But yes, "Holiday From Real" is up and running.

So what to expect? I will be traveling a lot in the upcoming months (see the tabs above on Haiti and Guatemala) and my plan is to give updates of my journey, opinions on what I have learned and seen, link to a few worthwhile articles, and post tons and tons of pictures from my adventures. I hope that anyone who visits this site will leave entertained by my stories and have their open eyes with my photographs.

I'm exactly 25 days away from the first of 'The Big Two' trips. I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be, still needing to improve my Spanish and work out some other details for Guatemala. The holiday season will take up a lot of time that I should be spending on studying but I know things will work out and when it comes down to it, I will be ready for both Haiti and Guate.

Posting will be sporatic over the next few weeks as there will be little for me to report (unless you want to read about my last minute Christmas shopping that will be bound to occur) but I plan on posting a few things here and there about the build up to my departures.

I appreciate everyone who reads my posts, follows my blog, or supports what I am doing. If you keep visiting, I will keep posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment