Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lazy Thursday

Today feels like it has been a fairly lazy Thursday. But when one wakes up at 6am, 2pm feels late I suppose. After Mass this morning (at which I gave Father Rick the most awkward hug possible), we took a tour of the cholera clinic that NPH has organized to deal with the outbreak. When I had been told of the treatment center, I had pictured unorganized, foul tents that were just completely questionable. To my suprise, the center is really clean and the staff for the most part is very knowledgable and entertaining. We met Dr. Conan, a ginger Dr. Cox from Scrubs, and finished our quick tour.


The afternoon brought us an amazing lunch and fresh squeezed mango juice. Thus far, while I only really eat one meal a day, the food has been fantastic enough to hold me over for 24 hours. We are planning on taking a bus up to the NPH orphanage 2 hours away this evening but have yet to leave. Which, as I wrote this I just saw someone walk into our kitchen/dining area and walk out with two butcher knives, then the lady in charge of us (Gina) goes "Our bus up to the orphanage ia going to be delayed 15 minutes. We have to kill the goat."
So another volunteer, Fiona, and I ran outside to see the (slow) end to the little guy. But I'm betting he'll be fairly tasty tonight! That's all for now! Running to catch my bus and we'll be back down to town this Sunday. To the little orphanes I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment