Thursday, March 10, 2011

Behind the Scenes Look at Semilla Nueva

I may or may not get a bit of grumpiness from my boss for posting some of these pics but I think that they give a good perspective of what actually happens on the job.

We ride around in the back of pickup trucks, going way too fast and ignoring way too many laws of the road.



Because we ignor such laws, sometimes things on our cars break. Like the brakes. Luckily Brooke and Darren are all that are man and fixed it (kinda) while parked in a McDonald's in Guatemala City.


We also have fun after work. Long trips can be stressful at times so we make sure to take a break here and there.


Yes, this is a mattress in a shed. With seed bags. We slept here. When I say 'slept,' I mean I laid there for 9 hours and didn't sleep. I hate this shed.



That's kind of a small look into the working life of a Semilla Nuevan. There will be a post on Semilla Nueva's blog eventually about something similar. Probably a little more PR friendly. I will say though, life here requires some flexiblity, which makes for some annoying times and for some fun times. It's been a geat learning experience in that reguard. How often does one change brake pads in a McDonald's parking lot? These are once in a lifetime experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment