Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bullet Points and Innocent!

So I'm not quite in the mood to completely write a whole blog. Or to think about a full fledged, witty and interesting write up. I just want to give a quick update on a few things that have happened in the last week or so, just to keep everyone up to date. So tonight, we shall go to bullets!
  • I almost got in a bar fight last week. We were drinking a beer, enjoying the evening, and some random El Salvadoreno (someone from El Salvador) came up, called my friend a 'clown', burned his arm with a cigarette, grabbed our beer bottle, and wound up to swing with it. Luckily, people intervened, the guy was removed and no one got hurt. Bar fight story: check.

  • Today is officially my 90th day in Guatemala. Tomorrow, I'm officially living illegally in Guatemala . So tomorrow I'm going to Mexico to renue my visa. Excited? No, not for about 10 hours of chicken buses, but maybe some Oaxacan food will brighten my spirits.

  • I salsa danced with 3 Guatemalan girls until 3:30a this morning. Speaking spanish, salsa dancing... Guatemala and I are slowly starting to rebuild our struggling relationship.

  • Starting in June, my photography will be displayed in a local cafe called El Cuartito. Hopefully I'll sell a few pieces and make a couple of bucks. We shall see.

  • While I was in Haiti, I met a kid named Innocent. This 'kid' really was 29, but he had some disabilities that made it impossible to understand his speech. This is beside the point. Innocent could at times be overwhelming but he had a huge heart and just wanted to be your friend. Earlier this month, he turned 30. Here's a link to an article about him and his birthday. Check out the picture of him and Molly in the article. Pretty awesome. Below is me and him in Kenscoff.

That's all I got for now. I promise promise promise that I will get up some new photos on the blog and a well thought out and written post early this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment