Monday, April 25, 2011

A Self Serving Post

Alright, I know I haven't posted anything in almost a week - it's been Semana Santa (Holy Week) and 95% of Guatemala shuts down and goes to the beach or the Lake. This includes me. I will go into further details about Semana Santa tonight or tomorrow but until then, I have a large request for anyone who wants to throw some information my way.

For you followers in the Seattle (including Tacoma and Port Orchard) and Portland areas, I was curious if anyone knew of any places that do rotating art/photography, like coffee shops or restaurants? I'm hoping to get some of my photos hung and displayed for sale when I return and I need to start inquiring soon. Email (dcfranz22@gmail.com) or Facebook any suggestions/ideas. Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Douglas, Douglas, Douglas

    Cafe Solstice, Zoka's (UD and Greenlake), Trabant, Bauhaus, Faire Cafe and Gallery.

    Basically go to anywhere that has something on their walls about farmer/roaster relationships, tell them you have farming pictures/other stuff from Guatemala/and you teach farming practices and you'll be set. I'd whole heartedly recommend pushing to show at Solstice. It's got a great rotation, and lots of good art space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I know a guy at Faire. So if you need a recommendation/good word, send me some samples and I'll pass it along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris. I know there are a lot of great places at home, I just couldn't do any scouting from down here. I appreciate it! I'll probably hit you up with some examples to forward soonish.

    ReplyDelete