Friday, April 8, 2011

My New Project

Feeling completely uninspired today, I decided that I needed to try something new to excite myself. And because I'm always looking for new projects to undertake with my photography, I've settled on a creative new undertaking. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to take a photo everyday for a whole year. April 9th 2011 until April 8th 2012. This isn't a new concept and I mean I've even tried it in the past but got busy and ininspired. That's why I'm posting about it - if I tell people I'm going to do it, I have to do it. I can't back out. My original attept at this became tasking cause I was printing out every photo and pasting them in a book. That's what killed my motivation. This time, round two, I have a new plan. This time I'm just going to be lazy and create a digital photo book and have someone else (aka MyPublisher or Costco) create the book for me. It will give me more time to concentrate on my photo taking. I wish I had started this earlier this year, when I was in Haiti. But April 9th is a nice day to start. Tons of important things have happened on April 9th. On April 9, 1865 General Lee surrendered to General Grant ending the U.S. Civil War. In 1912, the first baseball game was played in Fenway Park. It was announced that Patrick Duffy's character on the TV show Dallas would be returning after being killed off in 1986. Amazing things have happened on April 9th, so I figure its a good day to start. I think this project will be a nice way to see how this year plays out. It'll give me perspective on what's important to me and also a reason to take pictures. Day one - pictures on a volcano in Xela (aka I'm going hiking tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment