Tuesday, January 11, 2011

International Murder a Mosquito Day

I've decided that January 11th, 2010 is International Murder a Mosquito Day.
In memory of my elbows, I ask that you go out of your way to make a mosquito's life miserable today. There are a few ways of doing this:
  1. Sit outside tonight and murder any mosquito that decides to cross paths with you. I realize this may be difficult for some western Washington readers as it is cold and snowy (see options 2 and 3).
  2. Buy a can of bug repellent and spray randomly. It's not the healthiest for the environment but it's more of a ceremonial sign of your dislike for the flying pests.
  3. Visit Nothing But Nets and buy a $10 net that will put the little monsters in their place - off of the skin of humans (it'll also save a child from malaria. A bonus).
  4. Build a frog habitat in your back yard. Frog's will eat the mosquitoes. Problem solved.

I'm working on this as a yearly holiday. Let me know if you decided to support the memory of my elbows by doing any of the above.

1 comment:

  1. Fun fact: Brussels is built over a series of old canals. I had two dozen 1-2" bites on each arm. I'm surprised I made it out alive.

    Also - please please keep blogging. I know I don't comment much, but I read every single one.

    ReplyDelete